Policy support partners
In accordance with decision IPBES-4/1, the work of the expert group on policy support tools and methodologies was asked to be further supported by strategic partners to help:
- Facilitating outreach to global networks of individuals who can support the review of the catalogue by providing a practitioner’s perspective on its structure, format and functionalities.
- Providing advice in promoting and facilitating an increased use of the catalogue at national levels, so that the effective use of policy support tools and methodologies is increased.
- Building links to national and regional organizations which are already supporting the use of policy support tools and methodologies at the national level in multiple countries, to have access to their networks of practitioners who can also provide feedback and advice.
- Building links to other organizations developing, promoting and facilitating the use of policy support tools and methodologies, so as to help ensure alignment, mutual support and cross-learning.
A number of organizations were invited to support IPBES in further developing the catalogue taking into consideration: (i) complementarity, in terms of what these resource persons and strategic partners can add to input already provided by the experts and the others providing input as identified above; and (ii) geographical balance in resource persons and strategic partners, and coverage of all identified needs.
The following organizations and initiatives have supported the further development of the catalogue of policy support tools and methodologies:
- ASEAN Centre for Biodiversity
- Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services Network (BES-Net)
- Comisión Nacional para el Conocimiento y Uso de la Biodiversidad (CONABIO)
- Council for Scientific and Industrial Research South Africa (CSIR)
- GIZ ValuES
- Instituto Alexander von Humboldt (Colombia)
- Inter-American Institute for Global Change Research (IAI)
- International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN)
- Network-Forum for Biodiversity Research Germany (NeFo)
- Secretariat of the Convention on Biological Diversity
- Secretariat of the Pacific Regional Environment Programme (SPREP)
- UN Environment
- United States Geological Survey (USGS)
- United Nations University facilitated Network of Regional Centres of Expertise
- Wildlife Institute of India