Convened by the interim IPBES Secretariat at UNEP in coordination with FAO, UNDP and UNESCO, and co-facilitated by the International Union for the Conservation of Nature (IUCN) and the International Council for Science (ICSU), this edition will be held over two days on Saturday 7 and Sunday 8 December in Antalya, Turkey.
The meeting aims at:
1. Providing first-time IPBES Plenary participants with an opportunity to understand the way IPBES works;
2. Discussing the engagement of stakeholders in IPBES, with a focus on the ways and means to implement the stakeholder engagement strategy to support the implementation of the work programme of IPBES;
3. Exchanging views on the different topics on the agenda of IPBES-2, having a dedicated exchange of views with representatives of the Bureau and Multidisciplinary Expert Panel of IPBES and drawing out elements for a collective statement to be delivered at the opening of the session on behalf of interested observer organisations.
This meeting is open to all Observers to IPBES-2, including States, Multilateral Environmental Agreements, United Nations Programmes or Agencies, as well as Admitted Intergovernmental Organisations and Non-Governmental Organisations, and IPBES Member States representatives.
Please find a draft agenda for the day here.
Attendance can be confirmed using this Doodle poll.
Please also fill this online survey before 3 December to help us best prepare the event: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/RXTKSYM
Background documents for the meeting include:
- a summary table of the deliverables of the draft IPBES work programme for the period 2014-2018; and
- considerations for the further development of a Stakeholder Engagement Plan. This documents aims at articulating all the elements contained in the documentation provided for IPBES-2 that pertain to stakeholder engagement with the goal to advance the development of a stakeholder engagement plan that will operationalize the stakeholder engagement strategy supporting the implementation of the Platform's work programme.