- Created on Monday, 03 March 2014 13:33
The meeting report for the second session of the IPBES Plenary (IPBES-2) held from 9 to 14 December in Antalya, Turkey is now available in all UN languages here.
- Created on Monday, 10 February 2014 14:48
Additional information to guide the nomination of experts for the IPBES work programme is provided here in relation to the expected workload of experts; and the selection, responsibilities, time commitment, duration of appointment and availability of support.
- Created on Monday, 20 January 2014 12:52
Advance report and decisions from IPBES-2 now available, along with letter from IPBES Chair requesting nominations of experts for implementation of work programme
- Created on Thursday, 09 January 2014 12:38
The Advance English report and decisions from IPBES-2, held in Antalya from 9-14 December 2013 are now available. Other UN languages of the report and decisions will be made available in due course. In addition, the Chair of IPBES, Professor Zakri has circulated a letter highlighting the achievements of IPBES-2, and calling for nominations of experts to contribute to the implementation of the Platform's work programme. A deadline of 28th February has been set for receipt of such nominations by the secretariat.
- Created on Sunday, 15 December 2013 08:28
IPBES-2 closed yesterday evening in Antalya with the adoption of a very ambitious initial work programme for the Platform for the next five years, and demonstrated strong commitment to its implementation by already pledging more than half (US$ 25.4 million) of the total US$ 43.5 million required, in what will be remembered as the "Antalya consensus".
IPBES Chair Prof. Zakri closes the meeting at 7:37pm (photo credit IISD)
French national, Anne Larigauderie, formerly Executive Director of DIVERSITAS and Head of Science in Society at the International Council for Science (ICSU) has been appointed as the Head of the IPBES Secretariat in Bonn, Germany.
Dr. Anne Larigauderie as she listens to the official announcement of her appointment (photo credit IISD)
- IPBES-2 opens in Antalya, Turkey -follow the meeting live
- Call for financial and in-kind contributions for IPBES work programme 2014 - 2018
- Draft agenda for the stakeholder meeting at IPBES-2 available
- Report from the Indigenous Local Knowledge Workshop now available
- Report from the Conceptual Framework Workshop now available