Eastern Europe Regional Consultation Meeting
The Eastern Europe Regional Consultation Meeting will be held from July 31 - August 2, 2013 in Budapest and Tihany (Lake Balaton), Hungary, jointly organized by the Centre for Ecological Research, Hungarian Academy of Sciences (MTA ÖK) with support from the Ministry of Rural Development, Hungary and the IPBES Interim Secretariat.
The conference aims at the following goals:
- To inform the Eastern European biodiversity knowledge community on the IPBES process
- To provide direct input into the IPBES intersessional consultation in June/July by developing recommendations from an Eastern European perspective, on
- The draft work programme 2014-2018
- The draft prioritized list of requests on scientific and technical matters
- The draft stakeholder engagement strategy for supporting the implementation of the work programme
- To discuss and explore the options for the future support of IPBES from an Eastern European regional perspective
A preliminary programme and information on the venue, pre-registration process and the organizer can be found on the following website.
For further information, please contact:
Office phone: +36/87-448-244 / 104
Questionnaire to explore capacity building needs and options
In order to support discussion on IPBES and capacity building, we invite you to submit an informal questionnaire based on your own experience or that of your organization to further explore key capacity building needs for improving the science-policy interface, building on what has already been learnt from submissions made by Governments and other stakeholders. Responses will help inform discussion at the upcoming 2nd IPBES Plenary meeting.